Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Faith Vs Theology

I haven't been on Blogger in a long while, but came here today to record this quote from Frederick Buechner. I was scrolling through Instagram and read Jason Upton's (worship song writer) post. He had snapped a photo of the book he's reading by Frederick Buechner, but I don't know what the title is.  Here;'s the quote I read in the photo that caught my attention:
"Faith is different from theology because theology is reasoned, systematic, and orderly, whereas faith is disorderly, intermittent, and full of surprises."

It reminded me of what I was feeling and expressed on Blogger back on November 9, 2010, "A Tidy Religion"

That is all.

-to da lou

2 comments:

  1. I had to go back and read that November post - miss you around here, hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite quote: "Faith is what holds us together while religion tears us apart." ~ Angie Worth

    ReplyDelete