Sunday, April 28, 2013

Church was not boring

I went to church today at 11:30 am. We left after 2:00pm. There was resistance in going.  It wasn't boring. Even when it was expected that it would be boring, that it would be too long, that I don't want to talk to people, that it would not do anything, and that it's just in vain; even with those expectations that is not how it was at all.  For when The Presence is there, everything else in this life just dims. Believers need each other.   The Mystery was there today. Christ in the midst of us. Somehow it isn't just a "metaphor" that the church is the Body of Christ. That's the mystical part. We come together, and we become the body of Christ. I experienced that today. We need each other. Shalom.

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like fun. I'd love to attend a service where you can really feel the presence of the Holy Spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those kind of services where the spirit is so alive. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go to church each sunday and I always think it's going to be boring, but it isn't. How can it be when Jesus is there too?

    ReplyDelete