Thursday, February 21, 2013

Winter Hike 6 & Winter Hike 7

Hike 6 was at Clear Creek park. My torn meniscus limited my ability to 1.5 measily miles.
I went directly to a women's church lunch after my morning hike. There is no heat in the church so after several hours I was chilled to the bone.
Sunday morning began with tea in the Buckingham Palace tea cup and Buckingham Palace tea.

Hike7 was at Slate Run Park. My knee was killing me. It was slow moving.


Someone carved in the bark of a Sycamore tree back in 1955.

There were stuffed animals to view at the trail head. poor bunny. poor chipmunk.


Mission Accomplished.

We got our patches for 7 hikes in the Winter Hike Series.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a nice hike..Congrats on the awards. I'm so sorry you are still in the freezing temps..There is still lots of winter here to but the weather can't make it's mind up.. One day it's cold and the next day mild with storms or rain.. I'm so ready for spring.. Hope it warms up for your hiking really soon.. My son is planning a big hiking trip in a couple of weeks..Take care, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!

    There is a church just for women?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. whoops. I worded that wrong didn't I. haha. Should have written I went to a women's lunch at church... however I'm sure there are churches just for women somewhere.

      Delete
  3. Stuffed animals in the forest? Must be to serve as a warning to the others. Any stuffed hikers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to invite you to link up to my blog hop. (happening now and all week). Really like your blog (I'm a former midwesterner).

    http://modmombeyondindiedom.blogspot.com/2013/03/fundee-mundee-i-dont-like-mondays-blog.html

    - Mod Mom

    ReplyDelete