Tuesday, August 14, 2012

My Lazy Day

Today has been my lazy day. I got up early to see my son take off for college orientation, an hour and a half drive away. I was supposed to go too, but he wanted to go alone and I was OK with it. So I came back in the house at 6:30 am and brewed some coffee. The temp outside was heavy. Warm moist air just hanging there even as the sun came up.

Alone in my house, I had a cup of coffee and watched the birds flit about outside the windows. I tried to the read bible a little. Specifically I was reading in John where Jesus said He has to leave so He can send the Comforter and the Comforter will tell what is to come. I just sat and pondered that for awhile.

I was lazy all day. I stayed in my jammies and when it started to rain I went out in the rain for awhile. It hasn't rained in over a month and half. It poured. It was wonderful.

On facebook my real estate friends were posting photos of the flooding streets from their i=phones and advising people to stay home. So I did.

I put a chair out in the garage and raised the garage door and just sat there watching the rain come down. I was in my jammies and my clothes were damp from standing out in the rain for about 20 minutes. I brewed another cup of coffee and sat in a soccer chair watching the birds dodge rain drops. I think the birds were thrilled with the rain because they were making all kinds of crazy chirps at each other during the down pour.

I tried to read some blogs. I read a few new ones. I read stuff people put on facebook. I actually did a load of laundry and unloaded the dishwasher.

That is it. Evenutally it was 5:00 and I threw on some make up and clean dressier clothes and drove to a property inspection. After that was over, I went back to being lazy.

I went to Stauf's Coffee House and sat outside with a 1/2 steamed milk 1/2 coffee. The sun was now shining and the people were out and about. Spagio's cafe patio was full, Jeni's Ice Cream had a long line spilling out onto the sidewalk. A motorcycle club parked their bikes all up and down the street. I went for a walk on both sides of Grandview Avenue and window shopped.

Olin came with me and we peered into the window of a brand new real estate brokerage in a super-hip and trendy new store front. We sat on the benches outside the brokerage (which was closed) and I wondered if I would like that location for my own business and whether or not I should switch brokerages so I could get this location.

Then we spotted a couple friends across the street walking home from a lawn concert at the library. We flagged them down and they jay-walked over to us and we had a great evening visit on the benches.

Saying goodbye to our friends, we headed home. That was my lazy, lazy day.

1 comment: