Sunday, March 11, 2012

Stuff, Nerdy Stuff, & Fun Stuff

I've not been in a blogging mood and I've been a little frustrated with my life. But I'm putting one foot in front of the other, thank God, so I'll get there. I have closed on three properties since January 1, and I have four properties in contract. My listing inventory is so low because I've sold it. I only have two so-so buyers, and a third buyer-if-my-house sells. So I need to scoot myself into the public eye and See The People. I've been so busy I haven't cleaned or done my taxes. I got sick one day last week, and that was my body's way of telling me to lie around all day long and do nothing.

Meanwhile we are sort of in a church family now. So today I'll be going to church. Then in the evening we're going out to din-din with some special friends. We're going to a local cuban-fusion joint here in my little town.

Other funness is I entered a contest on Facebook and I won. A SpecialTea Place sent me a wonderful package of tea blends. These tea blends are wonderful. The best I've ever had and that's not just because I won. If you go to her fb page scroll down to see how she did the contest winner "reveal." So sweet.

Living in a university town and being an alumni offers so many opportunities for learning new things. My husband and I went to an event to learn about a new library at The OSU. It's a cartoon library. The program lasted two hours with a lecture and exhibit. Who knew cartooning was so fascinating?



Cartoon Library


I also went to a jewelry party at my niece's apartment. Her sorority sisters and co-workers came to the party. I bought some jewelry and I have no idea why I did this: I signed up to be a host. O me o my. At the time it sounded like a good idea.

As for the house, I still have NO KITCHEN SINK!!!


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the house sales! And winning a contest too. My sister used to sell Sarah Coventry jewelry and I'd get roped into hosting those parties too. Always so awkward to invite friends to come and buy something. A house without a kitchen sink does put living off kilter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to find a church family. Congrats on winning the tea. I used to give parties for all kinds of products when I was younger. It can be fun for people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't have your email address, so I'm leaving a comment here :) If you are interested, I can send you that book "Imaginary Jesus". I am not going to read it again and I can't sell it since it was given free as a review, so I usually pass them on to someone who is interested or to Goodwill, etc. Email me your address, lv2trnscrb@aol.com, I'll send it media mail, cheap, just takes a week or so to get there. Would be happy to do so!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. About the only thing my wife of 56 years ever tried to sell were those plastic-like dishes called "Tupperware."

    Since I was hacked I had to give up my old user name and the blogs that went with it.

    So this is the new birds blog and I hope you can come visit. Birds Birds Birds and Birds

    ReplyDelete