Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Things I hate & Occupy Wall Street Rant

I hate it when it's warm and rainy, or worse, warm and sunny in Ohio in the Winter.

I HATE the new blogger appearance. I don't even want to write anything on here or read any of the blogs I enjoy reading because I don't like the skinny boring font and the whole graphic layout of the dashboard. I really hate this.

I hate it that if I didn't pay enough in estimated taxes I must pay a penalty! Yet, if  I over paid my estimated taxes I don't get a penalty (interest) paid to me. Also, it is MY MONEY that I practically broke my feet showing a gazillion houses and practically lost my mind trying to stay out of legal jeopardy. Which leads me to:

I hate it that the government bailed out the insurance companies and banks with MY hard earned money, when it was our very stupid government back in 1995 and 13 stupid Republicans that sided with the president and created this retarded bruhaha in the first place under the false pretenses of "eliminating obstacles to obtain mortgages for people who can't afford them".  That is a real quote from people running our country in 1995. We had such a bleeding heart president at the time who thought it was only fair that people who can't afford mortgages should be able to get them. Even my own mother, who didn't go to college, would comment "Who is paying for all of these houses being built all over these corn fields? These prices are way too high! What's wrong with saving up your money and sacrificing for a down payment and  your closing costs? What's so horrible about that?"  Wise words in deed. Didn't take rocket-scientist to KNOW that no one was paying for those houses and the prices were way too high. But hey, free money, name your price. So the presidents of the government-backed Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae and FHA and VA grabbed their millions of dollars a year salaries, yes, that's right millions of dollars of salaries a year, rolled around in their piles of money and didn't give a single penny back to the US Treasury.  People, this is why Occupy Wall Street protestors aren't rich kids with nothing to do!  If I didn't have responsibilities I'd be out there with them. Screaming:  Give the money back you bastards.  Oh, and one of them is running for president by the way. Yes, he was voting on bills concerning banks and mortgages and skipping and cackling all the way to the stock market. 

Yes, I hate this the most.

But I hate it even more that no one in the general population even has the time or ability or the DESIRE to understand what happened here!!!  Instead, I heard "where's my stuff?"  "I want free stuff"  I really hate it that people feel entitled to stuff that they don't earn. Oh golly I need to get off this Things I Hate post.

So, that' where I've been for the past month and half...


























6 comments:

  1. I'm in total agreement with your rant! I might add that I hate that the Federal Reserve is not federal at all and that they are ensuring the economic downfall of the country by their quantitative easing of our money, while at the same time keeping the interest rates at zero so our money can't grow and keep up with inflation. Like the protesters say End the Fed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you can go back to the old blogger dashboard layout. I had the new one for awhile and hated it, but there was a button (at the top right, maybe?) that you could click and it makes the layout back to normal. Unless they're changing it for everyone permanently now or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have missed you and I agree with what you are saying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read that those poor people who bought the houses did make their payments. But in the deal with the banks the banks could raise the interest sky high in 5 years or so. This is what the banks did. They didn't have to. They could have kept the interest at it's original % but they didn't. I saw a show where a farmer lost his farm that had been in the family forever because his interest went from like 5% up to 20% or something like that. He had to leave and the bank got the farm.

    Maybe these people didn't read the fine print or have a lawyer when doing the mortgage. It is all the banks fault as far as I can see. I wish Bush and Obama had just given all that bailout money to all the people of the U.S. instead of the banks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Rochelle for saying you missed me. Made me smile :)
    Thanks A-Me Ta Da! So much better. Now I'll read blogs again! I do not like that skiiny font.
    Jane, I heard an economist say interest rates (inflation) needs to happen if there will be a recovery and Mr. Bernake is too afraid to raise rates in an election year.
    Belle, you're right some people didn't understand at all the implications of an adjustable mortgage and with the free money floating and loose underwriting there were tons of unscrupulous loan officers out there. I met a few of those! Plus if you do go into foreclosure the bank charges you OUTRAGEOUS attorney fees --that doesn't seem the least bit fair-they took the rist on the loan don't add your legal counsel fees to the loan. That's where a lot of the 20% interest comes in.

    This is what happens when the government is in the money business. Back in the olden days when I bought my house there were SAVINGS AND LOANS Associations who made loans based on risking their own money-not the governements. I will probably write about that crisis in another post someday. Also caused by government policy. Ok 'nuff said for now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel your frustration. It is a screwed up mess. I wasn't fond of the new blogger look either and I went back to the old dashboard.

    ReplyDelete