Sunday, November 6, 2011

Pain Pain Go Away

I once wrote that I didn't want to start another blog post with the words, "I am pain free.'" I don't want my life to center around whether I'm in pain or not. Yet, here it is again, and I guess I can't escape the fact that my life does center around pain. I'm coming off several days of being completely disabled due to pain. I was pushing through the pain and symptoms through the week and on Friday I couldn't ignore it anymore. Yet, I had a closing 30 minutes away from my home on Friday. I remained unshowered in the same clothes I slept in while I worked diligently toward closing. The whole transaction was tangled up in a title company, bank, private mortgage company fiasco. So the whole day was spent making phone calls, then texting the buyer, then emailing the agent, then calling, then emailing, then texting. This went on for the entire day with me trying to solve problems and relay messages and forcing the title company to do their job. Besides, the buyer had to vacate her residence the next day and had the moving van coming and all movers. We were going to close this thing as long as it was up to me. Sick or not sick.

So I finally showered, put a suit on and some make up & drove up to the title company for closing, not knowing if the deal was going to happen or not. The pain was so severe I had to pull over twice to rest, and sob, and regain my strength. At one point I panicked and thought I just cant make there. How I am going to make it back? I called Olin and cried saying I was stuck on the side of the road in no man's land and what was I going to do? He prayed for me over the phone and told me if I could make it there, he'd come pick me up and leave the car there to retrieve later. That calmed me down enough to journey onward. Thank goodness for cell phones.

When I arrived I met the buyer for the first time. She is young, very pretty, and obviously smart-as-a-whip. Her agent had told me she's a Christian, and her last name is the same as a church friend I had over 25 years ago. I asked her if she was related to my church friend, and sure enough she is her daughter. It's funny how in the midst of the excitement of meeting a kindred spirit all pain dissipates. We shared stories about Jesus while we waited for the title company to get their package together. It's such a small world. I told this buyer, I'm pretty sure you were at my wedding because your mom was pregnant when she sang at our ceremony. Yep, that was her in there.

This sweet gal is buying her first home to be near the church plant she is helping to start. She is in charge of the children's church. Listening to her stories of her community of faith made me sooooooo nostalgic for a community of believers. I told her, "these are the best years of your life, so I hope you really enjoy them!" She had such a joy talking about the excitement of planting a church I know she's enjoying it. Though I know all the sacrifices she's making too.

She signed all her papers, I signed, then we shook hands parted our ways. I was in such a fog of pain I left my purse there. At least I hope that's where it's at!

Then Saturday was gorgeous but I just moved from my bed to the couch to my bed to the couch. Becca went to breakfast and church with a college friend that was in town. Olin and I stayed home because I was suffering. I layed on the couch and watched "meet the candidates" and had intense philosophical and political discussions with my husband instead. He prayed me for four or five times.

Tomorrow is the Monday agents tour of homes that I don't like to miss. So I'll have to see how my head is tomorrow. For future reference, I'm going to try and write shorter blog posts and happier ones too. So just to give you a preview of coming attractions: Two weeks.... Palm Springs, California here I come.

1 comment:

  1. Your trip is coming up so quickly! I hope we have nice weather while you are here! So sorry for your pain; I can't imagine; so glad you have a dear hubby who prays for you and is there to help you as much as he can! So glad too that closing was a blessing too!

    betty

    ReplyDelete