Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday and a Funeral Home

Well, I am very happy that for the first time in a long time I don't have to do an Open House.
I might be showing houses, and then, I might not. Who knows? We'll see.

It's Sunday so begins the question of where to worship as you all know I am church homeless. Do I just go back to where I came from, do I go somewhere I've visited, do I try yet again another church. I do like going to church, so I don't go because I HAVE to. I like it. As long as it's not super boring. My last pastor said once, "it's a sin for church to be boring," at least that was his opinion. I honestly agree. If you read about the temple and everything going on in there, it was not boring. Incense, birds in cages, skillful musicians and singers, lots of gold and ornamentation.

I'm off the subject.

I'm going to a funeral home today at 4:00. A boy (boy in my mind) died. He wasa neighbor for most of his childhood life. His parents moved away after he graduated from high school. He died, I guess, of pneumonia. He's 25 years old. He would ride his bike around and come up on my porch and then tell me all kinds of neighborhood gossip. I enjoyed listening to the stories about people and he would have this delightful grin on his face and a twinkle in his eyes while telling on people.

He played the drums in the drum line, and then he quit because it was too demanding. I really thought the drum teacher was a psycho workaholic so I don't blame him for quitting.

He became a hairdresser and I didn't see him anymore. Isn't it interesting how much he enjoyed gossiping as a teenager and then he became a hairdresser in a salon and that's what hair stylists do all day, is gossip.

So it's sad. I don't want to go. But, I want to show his sister and mother some support and let them know that he had people who liked him.

No comments:

Post a Comment