Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Night the Air Condition Broke

Our air conditioner unit died. The air conditioner technician said he never saw a unit last as long as ours. He said it was original to the house, 1979. I had a feeling this summer it would go out this year. Once, way back 23 years ago, I prayed over my appliances and asked God to make them last a long time. He made the Jews clothes and shoes last 40 years, so I figured he could make my appliances last a long time.

Now since this has been a hard financial year for me, I will not be getting that A/C unit replaced. We put some fans throughout the house. Still, I am so sweaty. No wonder Amish people stink so badly. I could take 3 showers today and I would still feel all sticky and gross.

It's actually cooler outside than inside, but I can't sit out on the front porch all night.

I've come to the conclusion that people don't care about HIV patients. I know, I know, I am making a generalized statement. But, still. It seems that way.

How long will I keep thinking about my young neighbor, who died so young, because of HIV. I'm having a hard time getting over this. No one wants to hear about it, though. I do mean no one.

I need to find something to do for HIV patients. But, what? I keep thinking how horribly lonely they must feel.

This post is a drag isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment