Monday, May 9, 2011

The Royal Wedding-a little late

Friday morning I awakened about 3:00 AM. Mr. S.T. got up too and started watching the festive goings on in England on our really old tv. So around 4:30 am we decided to hop in the car and go to this movie theatre which was showing the royal wedding on the screen. We got there at perfect timing, got fresh scones and some royal tea and settled into our theatre seats. The room was full of mostly women in all kinds of hats and fascinators. Behind us a young mommy was dressed in a darling spring cocktail dress with pink sweater and black feather fascinator perched on the side of her head. And her absolutely sweet 5 year old daughter was dressed in a gorgeous satin dress with hot pink ribbon, and a black feathery fascinator like her mom. So cute.

We watched the royal family arrive in their volkswagon busses, and jaguars and all of our fellow attenders were noshing and chatting and giggling along with us.

Then the ceremony began and the entire room we were in became quiet and entranced in the ceremony. It was a very holy, Christian Wedding ceremony. There was a charge that a marriage is ordained of God between a man and woman and that the couple should keep their bodies holy for each other and none others. The music was sacred hymns and the choir and orchestra were incredible. The gospel was explained. When it was over they walked out of the cathedral both Mr. S.T. and I felt like we had been in a wonderful church service.

I was ridiculed later in the day by some acquaintances and friends for "getting into that thing." My response is, "why wouldn't I want to celebrate such a happy occasion?" My husband and I started our work day a little late at 8:30 AM, joyful and glad in the afterglow.
Thanks, Will and Kate, for sharing your wedding with the entire world. May God Bless your lives together!

2 comments:

  1. I thought it was nice to get into the wedding and to watch it like you did; I wouldn't have ridiculed you. Honestly, if I didn't need my sleep on a workday, I would have done the same thing you did! I think they make a very good looking couple and I wish them nothing but the best in their married life!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds super fun! wish I had gotten up to watch it with the rest of the world.

    ReplyDelete