Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Doves Are Born



Around 6:00 AM on Easter morning my husband and I discovered the doves in the kitchen window box had been born! Mama bird was actually standing on the edge of the box and we could see two little thumb-sized grey chicks. I hadn't seen the dove stand for over two weeks, so it was so cool. She saw us looking at her and the nest through the window. Since then every time I look she (or he) is sitting on top of the chicks again. It is so windy here, and gloomy. I hope the wind doesn't blow them away. The wind keeps catching the basketball hoop stand and tossing it into the street. That's how windy it is.






4 comments:

  1. awe yay! they were born, that's really sweet

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is windy! but what a cool place to have built a nest for you to be part of the babies! and what a great day for them to have been born!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet to have doves outside your window; it seems to be a bird family year for both of us!

    I hope the babies stay safe.

    Love,

    Marqueta

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will love to have doves outside of my window, they look adorable, it has been a bit windy around my area too:)

    ReplyDelete