Thursday, December 16, 2010

Dance the Night Away

We danced for hours at the Realtor Christmas party. I won a prize and Mr. Seriously Though won a prize too. I was surprised that I knew every single soul there. The band was hot and played rock danceable tunes like Brick House and Little Pink Houses and Alright Now. I caught a glimpse of a couple 20-something newspaper advertisers point at my husband and giggle, but I think they thought he was grand jerking around on the dance floor. He kept moving his arms as he was throwing punches here and there, so I made up a dance called the Boxer. Of course he went along with that cheerfully. It's a great partner dance. You should try it.

ince I've lost the 15 pounds it felt good to dress up again. I like this tip my friend gave me for holiday eating. If you accidentally put a spoonful of mashed potatoes in your mouth or a cookie, don't think, "oh, I might as well go all out and eat sweets and a pile of food with gravy." Don't do it. Just immediately start all over right now. That worked for me at the parties I've gone to. It feels great wearing jeans I haven't worn in 5 years and they actually zip easily.

On into the work day I go! I spent hours yesterday writing notes to past clients in Christmas cards while it snowed, the tree lights blinked and I sipped on my chai tea. Fluffy purred on the floor next to me and it was a peaceful day.

To Da Lou!

3 comments:

  1. The party sounds like it was a lot of fun, and congrats on your weight loss! Not an easy thing to do at anytime of the year, but especially at Christmas!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, a worship service over a party, but the party did sound like fun and I'm glad you knew everyone there! good for you and your hubby dancing too!! It really does help if the music is good too (hubby used to be in bands). If it is good, it does make everyone get up there and "show their stuff".

    good for you with the weight loss! What was the diet plan? Not familiar with one that doesn't have you eat sugar or salt. Email me Lv2trnscrb@aol.com; would love to hear about it.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a ball at that party. So sweet of your husband to go along with that Boxer dance:) It is always sad to leave people you have worked for a long time, but am sure God is leading you to a new chapter, whatever that is. So proud of you about your weight loss, keep up the good work:)

    I just also want to thank you for visiting me and your gracious comment as always. Have a lovely Christmas:)

    ReplyDelete