Saturday, May 22, 2010

LOST THINGS FOUND

I had this weird experience Friday. I received a phone call while driving in my car. "Seriously Though, I'm soooooo sorry I didn't call sooner! I have your camera and shoes!" It was another real estate agent from a different broker on the other line. She and I had been at a scholarship fundraiser at the bowling alley. That was the last I saw the camera.

Wow! How awesome. This is a good day for me, I told her. She had picked them up at the alley. Not sure who they belonged to, but she thought they were mine. Then she got the association newsletter, which I write, and I had written that that my camera was missing, etc. Ok. Good. I was really happy. That was answered prayer. I had prayed in the morning on my way to do real estate that my camera would be found! Amen.

SECONDS LATER. I do mean "seconds" after I hang up, my phone rings again. "Hello," I say as I navigate a 5 speed through an intersection, turning the wheel with my elbow, holding the phone with that hand, and shifting with the other. (see why I got pulled over for texting, even though I wasn't texting?) "Hello Mrs Seriously Though, we are sooooooo sorry it has taken us this long to inform you that we have found your missing commission check from September, 2009." Wow! I had completely given up ever getting that check replaced! I had called, I had emailed, and I had called my sales rep twice. Nope. It wasn't gonna happen. The lady with the little Cuban accent tells me further, "we are the accounting department and we noticed today that your check had not been cashed, so we assumed you never received it." Hurray! This is a good day. I am so happy. The lost commission check has been found.

That was weird. It all happened within seconds, and it was the day that Lost Things were Found!
Then immediately following I pulled up to my house, ran inside, to tear the place apart to try and "find" my real estate license. The department of HUD needed it before 4:00 pm, and it was getting close! Yikes. Where is it? Where did I put it? I prayed while I opened filing cabinets, and started to dig into cardboard boxes. An a m a z i n g memory filled my mind and I stood up. "My broker has my license! Of course, that's the law!" I call my manager and "yes," she has my license in her desk drawer. My lost license is found! I arrived at the department of HUD at 10 minutes to 4:00 pm! I was having a good day.

Then, I was invited to a party to celebrate a family event with a important friend in my life. I was touched. It has been a long time since I had a personal invite to a family thing of hers. Time had gotten between us. Something like 19 years. We hugged. I brought photos from 30 and 20 years ago of our weddings, and babies, and other stuff we had done together. I visited with her brother over vanilla cake with chocolate icing, and it felt like high school and college days again. Nothing really different. How is that? I was having a good day.

That was a full day of my Lost Things Found.

1 comment: