Sunday, December 20, 2009

How Do You Want to Be Remembered?

I've been thinking about his a lot. Do you know anyone who says, "I remember my Grandma with such loving thoughts. She was such a negative, mean person." I do have folks tell me they remember their grandma or grandpa who was negative and bitter, but it isn't with the adjective "loving." Or, "fondly."
We hear folks say, "I rememer so and so... loved that guy... he always had a great attitude even in tough times."
I've been thinking about it, because I do think melancholy people get a bad rap in some ways. My dad was a melancholy and he had to work, work, work at his positive attitude. That is his legacy to me. I'm a thinker, a daydreamer, a wisher, the grass is always greener, type person. My dad taught me that the Girl Scouts are right! On my honor, I will try, to do be... CHEERFUL.
The power of Cheer. There is sincere and amazing power in Cheerfulness. Is this the attitude of Christ that we are admonished to carry?

No comments:

Post a Comment