Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Decorating a Coffee Table

I have been trying to decorate a coffee table for 1 1/2 hours this morning. When I have business to attend to. When I have out of town guests to feed. When I need to exercise. Why am I trying to decorate a coffee table?I had Olin take an old coffee table out of a spare bedroom and asked him to take it to the basement to hide. I hadn't had the courage to donate this table or put it out by the street for someone to grab. It's a Pennsylvania House Queen Anne style coffee table. Since it's solid cherry and not the fake stuff, I had a hard time parting with it. But it's ugly.When I came in the front door last night after showing houses, surprise! There was the coffee table in the living room in front of the contempary, Italian, chocolate brown settee. They don't really go together. Yet somehow it kinda looked OK. The coffee table had been hidden in the spare bedroom for about four years. Emerging in the living room made me think. Distracted me from business. Distracted me from the 2 mile walk I need to get in this morning and the 10 mintue Total Gym workout. Distracted me from the grocery list. Right now my coffe table looks like a total dork with a book about Ohio lying on it's side, and a ceramic cardinal bird and cermaic Loraine, OH lighthouse sitting on top of it. (Get the theme?)


No comments:

Post a Comment