Monday, October 26, 2009

Busy Two Weekends







I have had a great past two weekends and week. My sister invited me along with her to Orlando on a conference she attended.

We met in Orlando on Saturday morning and promptly took a rental car 2 hours away to Springhill, Florida to see our Grandma. She turns 96 in two months. Grandma lives in an assisted living facility that is very elegant and stately. Grandma looked fabulous. She is confined to a wheelchair most of the day. We had a fabulous catch-up visit and lots of storytelling. We dined in the dining room and took a tour of the new building.

She told us what a wonderful guy our grandpa was, and details of which I'm saving for my next post. From there we drove to our Aunt Betty and Uncle Karl's home about an hour north. Karl mixed up some margaritas and we had fun telling stories and talking about the impending economic doom and the lousy real estate market.

Karen I woke up at 5:00 when their smoke alarm started bleeping every few seconds form a bad battery. The smoke alarm was way up high on the 17 foot high ceiling in the hallway. Finally the sun came up and Karl and Betty emerged with a ladder to replace the battery. After bagels, fruit and coffee, Betty took us to see wild manatees. We parked on a bridge over a river that runs out to the ocean and we waited about 30 minutes in the breezey chilled air. No manatees. Of course I loved the setting: palm trees, boats, a bay and a river. I spotted a huge alligator sunning himself on the river bank, and luckily he was a good 100 fee away.

Lunch was at a water-side restaraunt outside in the sun. Soon after lunch Karen and I drove on to Orlando to check into our hotel. My GPS broke right when we needed it, so the trip was spent doing many U-turns until we found our destination. We stopped at Karen's friend's house to visit with them and meet their grandbaby, a little boy named Isaac. The Hoback's are a wonderful family and I just love their daughter Brittany. She showed me her photos of sailing throughout Malyasia, New Zealland and Australian islands and the remote island she lived on for a year.

The next day was Animal Kingdom and Epcot! Animal Kingdom rocked and we saw two shows that were fantastic. Brittany had said the shows were like Broadway plays, and she wasn't exagerating. There was phenominal singing, dancing, elaborate staging and costuming. I actually rode on Everest roller coaster and it was a terrifying blast! At Epcot we rode on a virtual ride that makes you feel like you are in a glider. I had a major panic attack before boarding the ride, and then realized I could just close my eyes. To which Karen responded, "Then you'll miss the ride!" Since the whole ride is based visuals I did miss a lot of it. Ha Ha. I was absolutely sick with terror.

Tuesday Karen went to her meetings and I worked Real estate for about 5 hours from the room and thenBecca arrived from UNF! That was great. The three of us went to the hot tub and got drinks at the poolside bar. Fun listening to Becca tell her stories! After ahile we changed our clothes and went to Downtown Disney! We shopped and walked around, rode a little ferry boat, and ate dinner at House of Blues. I love Downtown Disney!

Wednesday was spent working for about 6 hours on real estate, and then we flew home! I arrived home around midnight.

Thursday morning I hit the pavement running with Real Estate starting at 7am and not finishing up until 10 pm. Not having any time to do laundry, grocery, clean up (that kind of stuff) I picked kevin and Rachael up at the airport at 9:30 am. Kevin slept while Rachael left immediately with Liz for the wedding preparations.

Saturday was again a day of, you guesssed it, real estate and I showed over 5 Muirfield Village homes. The couple settled on a first choice house and then I took off for home to get ready for the wedding. Right before we left the house, Olin and I held hands and prayed for Jen and her entire family and for Tony and all his family to enjoy themselves and have wonderful memories to come. Very pretty wedding ceremony and the party house was so pretty too. Fun! I didn't do my cowgirl dance, I just didn't find the right song to ride that horse. But I still had a great time eating and dancing.

Olin and I cooked up a breakfast casserole in the morning and my mom came over to see Kevin and Rachael for a few hours.

Good tap dance is like a good kung foo movie== I'm watching "So You Think You Can Dance!" now.

No comments:

Post a Comment