Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Trip to Magnetic Springs




Went out to the country today to Magnetic Springs, Ohio. I went with my friend, Ann, to feed her draft horse crossbreed. So, quiet, so nice. How much I miss a barn. The smell of dirt and manure. The sound my boots make walking across the hard ground, kicking the occassional rock.

Ann's house is so perfectly Ann. It's like a museum to me. So much to look at on the walls and shelves and mantels. Old photos, pieces of nature she's collected, interesting knick knacks. When I ask, "what's this? where's this from?" there is a story for every item. I looked around her plants, the strawberries, the flowering vines. And we took a tour of the rabbit house, where bunnies are lined up in cages. I could linger there for hours, looking, wondering, asking the story behind things, and learning interesting nature facts.

It got hot by noon, so I came home. But I didn't get home until 2:30 and I'm not sure what took me so long? Idid stop to take a read the historical marker sign about Magnetic Springs. When I got into Hilliard, I stopped at the library to borrow some videos.

One reason I'm self-employed I can fart around like this when I make myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment