Thursday, June 25, 2009

Here's Believing! I Can Have It All!

Today would have been Olin's father's 95 birthday. That is incredible. He was born June 25, 1914.

Rachael and Kevin, Becca and John came to visit for several days. The 5 nights are somewhat of a blur. Real estate was demanding my attention on Wednesday the day they arrived. Pulled into my driveway in the evening after showing houses and they were out picking up movies with Samuel for the evening and Becca was visiting with Olin in the kitchen. I must say that was a a good feeling to "feel" them home again.

The three movie errand people got back with the Untouchables. I couldn't watch that for long. I love Kevin Costner, but Wyatt Earp story set to the 1930's style wasn't something I could handle. Too much death. And for what? A little beer? I went in the dining room and finished up some real estate business on the computer. It was still nice, feeling them in the next room watching Kevin Costner kill people.


Here's why I like Kevin. Friday morning I realized I had been hearing the song "Oh, what feeling" in my head over and over. The song is from a 1980's movie called Flashdance! I recognized God was telling me something through that song. I spoke outloud, I keep hearing this song in my head and think there's a message in that song for me! Kevin just nonchalantly said "really? what song?" I asked if he could find it his computer? Not only did Kevin find the song, he burned me a cd of the song so I could play it in my car on my way to North Market. He didn't once let on that he thinks I'm an odd woman who believes a song would have a "message" from God in it for me.


Sure enough, I popped the cd into the car stereo and here is the message: "Oh, what a feeling. Here's believing!" Basically, if you BELIEVE you will have a great feeling. Is that fantastic feeling called "Hope?" What a great feeling it is, too. Part two of the message is: "I can Have it All" Yes, indeed. I can have it all. But what is required is FAITH. I need to BELIEVE. Without Faith it will be impossible to receive.


2008 my lesson from God was to "have faith and believe" and I kept wondering if I have any power to believe. How can you force yourself to believe something. Doesn't it just "come" to you. Faith is a gift from God. So, if it's a gift, how can I stop limiting my belief and really have hope? Yet, there is a command in the Bible: Abideth in these three: Faith, Hope, Love. But, the greatest of these is Love. So, if I'm commanded to live in Faith, I must have some personal power over it?


I don't have this message completely diciphered. But I know God is still trying to get me to open up my mind and Believe All Things.


What a Feeling! Here's Believing! I can have it all!

1 comment:

  1. this made me happy - - Kevin is wonderful isn't he?
    It was great to be home, and I'm glad God's talking to you :)

    ReplyDelete